Thursday, October 25, 2012

I am still here!

Yes yes, it is true! I am still here but busy as ever! Where to begin? Well, I finished 8 weeks of small animal rotations and am currently on Equine. After I completed the cardiopulmonary rotation in small animals, I then began my dermatology rotation. Dermatology consisted of atopic dermatitis...EVERY CASE! There was one case of pemphigus foliaceous that was there for a recheck. After dermatology, I then was on Oncology for 1 week. Oncology was not terribly busy and I had quite a bit of time to study for the NAVLE. Wednesdays and Thursdays were chemotherapy days, so we treated a lot of patients with mainly CHOP protocol and some with COP. All in all, it was a good rotation and I received great feedback from the senior clinician. Everyone in my rotation group received very negative feedback. Out of the five of us, I was the only one to receive excellent feedback! Was quite happy about that! So, I am now on equine rotation. This entire week has been the Dick Vet Equine Practice rotation. The calls that we go on are first opinion and mainly consists of floating teeth, lameness checks, vaccinations, etc. It is quite slow and in the slow times I have been doing fecal worm egg counts for horses and studying for the NAVLE. There was a pony that came in yesterday with seedy toe that had a dorsal hoof wall resection and was at the vet practice to have the farrier fill the defect in with acrylic. Next week I begin equine medicine and next weekend I will be on ICU nights doing colic and grass sickness checks every 2 hours. Have equine soft tissue and then orthopedic following that. After the equine rotation, I come home until January 18th! I am looking forward to working at the clinic over the summer and seeing everyone! Kristen will be coming in December as well so I am extremely excited to see her! This is going to be a great Christmas break! Well, back to NAVLE studying I go...unfortunately. Hope everyone has a great rest of their week! The weekend is near! I am going to go see Skyfall 007 tomorrow! Woohoo!

No comments: